Vendor Highlights: If A Goddess Wore Makeup
We have all seen it- the bride with the caked-on brow liner or with the concealer that glows in all her photos. We all want to look our best on the big day, naturally. That is why I am so excited to have met with Sheila from If A Goddess Wore Makeup.
Sheila is a makeup artist with 25 years of experience. She has worked and apprenticed with some of the top cosmetic companies and artists such as Chanel, YSL, Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown. After reading all of the disturbing information about the chemicals that we are exposed to in our skincare and makeup, she vowed to use products that work beautifully, are environmentally friendly, and are safe to use.
Since opening If A Goddess back in 2009, Sheila has been offering one-on-one makeup lessons, skincare consultations, and makeup application (perfect for brides and bridal parties). She knows exactly what works best with photos and how to create that natural look that will last for the whole wedding day marathon. With her storefront inside the Andersonville Galleria, it’s easy to stop in for advice, schedule a lesson, or find safe products that are a fit for any goddess.
Since Sheila has done all the research, here is a little you can expect her products to be without:
- Paraben- this preservative mimics estrogen (a hormone known to play a role in the development of breast cancer)
- Talc- phthalates which disrupt hormonal systems, causing problems for mothers and children
- Lead- research shows there is no safe level of exposure. Lead can be found in lipsticks and cause learning, language and behavioral problems such as lowered IQ and increased aggression
- Synthetic fragrance or dyes- these are known irritants and allergens
- Sodium lauryl sulfate- this is a highly irritating and dangerous chemical that is linked to cause cancer in men and women
- Mineral oil- made from petroleum and is considered a type 1 carcinogen
For more information check out her blog.